Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Book Review: PRAYERS FOR YOUR CHILDREN: 90 DAYS OF HEARTFELT PRAYERS FOR CHILDREN OF ANY AGE

Title: Prayers for Your Children: 90 Days of Heartfelt Prayers for Children of Any Age
Author: James Banks
Publisher: Discovery House
Pages: 235








Prayers for Your Children: 90 Days of Heartfelt Prayers for Children of Any Age by James Banks invites us to commit ourselves to 90 days of heartfelt prayer for our children, as long as we are alive.

It relates to verses from the Bible, especially the Psalms, from both the Old and the New Testament, spread over every day of 13 weeks or 90 days.

The book affirms that as parents, the best gift we can give to our children is the gift of prayer. No matter what their age, we can pray for them.

Each section begins with a brief reflection which introduces the week’s theme. The themes are pointers to live the Christian faith more meaningfully and include Knowing, Growing, Walking, Loving, Protected, Faithful, Fruitful, Thankful, Humble, Pure, Hopeful, Overcoming and Blessed.

The prayers are properly cross referenced to the appropriate chapter and verse, and related with examples and anecdotes.

The prayers don’t end with Amen, encouraging parents to add their own prayers at the close of each day’s reading. Also, it emphasizes that we can never pray too much and that the full worth of our prayers will be made evident only in Heaven.


As I prayed on, and I prayed for the 90 days as the book asked us to, I felt myself drawn into the book, pulling my nephews into the ambit of prayer, besides my own daughter and son. I prayed for the children by name and felt a deep sense of comfort knowing that I was committing my little ones to the care of Our Lord. 

I recommend this book to Christian parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles.

(I read a Kindle edition of this book through NetGalley.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...